Learn the steps of embedding and running a Rafflecopter giveaway on the Tumblr platform as well as a handful of other helpful Tumblr tips and tricks.
In this article
Embedding an entry form on Tumblr
- On your giveaway's Installation Tab, copy the entry form embed code by clicking the copy button to the right of the embed code
- On your Tumblr dashboard, select the avatar icon in the top right corner and then choose Settings
- On the right hand menu, click Dashboard and choose Plain text/HTML for Text Editor. This allows your Tumblr post to support the Rafflecopter embed code.
- From the Tumblr dashboard, select the Text post option
- From the Tumblr post edit window, place the cursor where you'd like the giveaway entry form to appear in the blog post, and paste your entry form embed code.
Tumblr tips and tricks
- If you make a changes to your giveaway details after embedding the entry form (prize image, start/end times, actions), the entry form will update automatically without the need for you to embed a new code.
- If you make a changes to your giveaway theme after embedding the entry form, the entry form will have to be replaced with a new entry form embed code. No entries will be lost using a new entry form embed code.
- If you view your post in the Compose tab or in your Tumblr feed and see a link that says 'a Rafflecopter giveaway' instead of the entry form - don't panic. The entry form will display correctly on your Tumblr blog.
- If at any time you change the Text editor from HTML to one of the other options and attempt to edit the post with the Rafflecopter entry form, Tumblr manipulates the code so only a link appears on your post.
Tumblr is a free hosted blogging platform from Yahoo. Their tool lets you share text posts, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos from your browser, phone, desktop, or email. You are able to customize several components of your blog from colors to your theme's HTML.